All throughout the gulf coast of Florida, there are several active, healthy communities such as New Port Richey, Town ‘n’ County and Tarpon Springs. These active communities are thriving with local businesses and organizations both large and small provider their employees with some form of health and safety training. Unfortunately, CPR classes and basic first aid training is not usually on the list. This is because safety and health training within a business usually focuses on how to avoid accidents or how to safely do your job. With an overwhelming population of older adults and elderly residents at risk for cardiac emergencies, the question is – would your staff know how to react if a co-worker were to go into cardiac arrest? Could they perform CPR and keep their co-workers alive until help arrived?
As a business owner, the worst thing in the world you can do is hope that someone who is currently working knows CPR and has basic first aid training. Instead, you should just work first aid training and CPR classes into your workplace In fact, here are all the ways your company can benefit from making this decision.
- Tailor The Classes To Your Industry
If you have a company with certain risks based on the job tasks of your employees, you can have CPR classes and basic first aid training that is tailored to meet the needs of your business. For example, the training individuals in an office is going to need will vary from the training individuals who work in a factory or at a construction site need.
- Long Term Investment In Your Business
Naturally, finding the funding for the CPR classes and first aid training is going to be a primary concern for any business owner. You have to stop thinking of CPR classes and first aid training as an expense and start thinking of it as an investment. You are investing in the safety and well-being of your employees.
Each and every employee you have is an asset. You invested time and money into getting them where they are today in your business. If something were to happen to one of them, you would have to start the entire process over. First aid training and CPR classes is an investment in your business, not an expense.
- Boost In Employee Morale
CPR classes and basic first aid training can be a lot of fun. In fact, it can be a great chance for your entire staff to socialize and get to know each other a little better. This will boost your employee morale which is going to do wonders for your business as a whole.
- Don’t Forget The Practical Benefits
- Your entire staff will be more aware of safety. This is going to bring down the number of accidents that happen in the workplace.
- CPR and first aid plays an integral part in saving lives and reducing injuries because they allow immediate action to be taken after an accident.
- By having your employees take CPR classes and get first aid training, the first time they open a first aid kit isn’t going to be in an emergency situation. They are going to feel confident with the contents of the kit. They will know what everything is and what it is used for.
Providing your staff with first aid training and CPR classes isn’t going to cost you a lot of money, and it offers an incredible number of benefits. It isn’t a decision any business owner is going to regret.